Sunday, December 28, 2008

time for a new continent.

hey everyone,
Its been a while since my last post so let me fill you in..
I flew up to Koala Lumpur from Phuket and stayed in KL for a few days.I ended up having to buy another suitcase and it became a bit of a situation... i bought it for about 20$ and i was packing my things and one of the zippers ripped off.. and then the other one... and then the stitching came apart and i had to bring a carry on that had huge holes connected by safety pins.I guess you get what you pay for.
I took the bus/ ferry over to an island called Penang, which was really nice.The beaches werent as nice as in southern Thailand, but still beautiful of course.I fed some horses on the beach some apples and carrots because they looked like skeletons.I also took a bus ride that somehow took 3 hours when it was supposed to take 40 minutes, that was a long day.The artictecture is amazing there, Penang is one of the worlds most historical sights.
On Christmas Eve me and some of the girls from the guesthouse went out for dinner and went christmas partying.In Malaysia Christmas was really weird because not many people celebrate it so its just like a public holiday.All the clubs had huge Christmas Eve parties and counted down to midnight...
On Christmas i went up to Koh Phangan, Thailand for the huge Christmas parties.Theres 10-15 thousand people on the beach.. its pretty insane.Its definately a Christmas to remember!On Boxing Day i went over to Koh Samui to meet up with my godparents,Lee and Vallarie.Ive been hanging out with them and they're kids for the past few nights.On the beach there's a bar thats made completely out of ice.. all the stools are like big ice cubes!The whole club is (-7) degrees!
Next I'm heading up to meet my friend Sage for New Years in Bangkok and then flying up to Amsterdam.
Write again soon.Happy Holidays!love, E

No comments: