Monday, December 15, 2008

West coast

Hey everyone,
Sorry i haven't been updating very much but theres only so much i can write about..
I am in Phuket now.I was with my friend Shani for a bit but she went home to Australia...
Phuket is an island so i spend most of my time at the beach.Unfortunately i can't swim right now because i cut my foot open the other day and i'm on antibiotics so i have to wait a bit.It's healing up really well though considering i cut like half an inch off my big toe...
It's really beautiful here and theres lots of different beaches.Patong beach is the one i spend most of time at.It has lots of clubs,shopping, a nice beach and lots of people.Right now theres the annual Phuket carnival at Patong so theres lots going on.. lots of events, art and vendors. Kata beach is smaller, less hassling and nice to relax at.Karon beach is nice as well but i dont go there alot because its farther away.
Today i went to the " Big Buddha". Its a huge buddha on the top of a mountain near Kata beach.Its 50 feet tall and made out of cement.I got blessed by monks and they tied strings around my wrists for good luck and gave me an orange.The view is gorgeous from up there, you can see the whole coastline.
Tomorrow i'm going to Malaysia because my visa runs out so i'll be there for about a week and then back to Southern Thailand for Christmas.. i'll try to write again soon.love, e

No comments: